Sheila Sri Prakash, Founder and Chief Architect, Shilpa Architects Planners Designers was the Keynote speaker at the 2nd Smart Cities India 2016 conference on the topic The role of architecture in smart cities. Here are some highlights from the conference.
- Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu, Cabinet Minister, Government of India, Ministry of Railways and Shri Piyush Goyal, Minster of State, Government of India, Independent charge for Power, Coal, New & Renewable energy inaugurated the expo on 11th May 2016
- MPs’; administrators; city commissioners; mayors; village sarpanch; pradhans; etc. attended the event.
- New attractions included the 1st Smart Transport India 2016 expo; Mayors Conclave; Smart Village Conclave and Smart Cities India Awards 2016
- Participants – 329
- Countries – 40
- Conference sessions – 46
- Speakers – 283
- Conference Delegates – 1530
- Business Visitors – 13621
- Country Pavilion – 4
- Indian states visited the expo – 19 States
More information available at: Smart Cities India